Project: RAAF Amberley Growler Aircraft Pavement Stage 2
Address: 6RAAF Base Amberley
The second phase of the Growler aircraft pavement apron involved installation of almost 60, 000m2 of aircraft pavement, consisting of a 150mm thick lean mix sub-base and a 375mm thick flexural pavement. Project specification had onerous requirements for finished apron pavement level, slope and density which Kraftur® delivered through consultation with managing contractor and concrete supplier, as well as through innovative solutions planned and delivered on the jobsite.
Scope of works:
- Place, finish and cure lean mix sub-base for apron pavement and Gatic slot drain bases and walls.
- Supply and installation of custom engineered steel aircraft pavement formwork that conforms to tight specification tolerances regarding formwork alignment, level, movement and dowel positioning.
- Supply of suspended formwork to Gattic slot drains.
- Installation of Gattic slot drains.
- Place and finish aircraft pavement concrete according to specification, using a counter rotating tube paver or vibrating truss screed and bridge while monitoring and maintaining optimal environmental conditions for concrete as specified
- Place and finish aircraft pavement concrete according to specification to Gatic Slot Drains.
- Wet curing of concrete for 24 hours.
- Jointing of apron pavement as specified.